Positive Living: Life Habits Guide
Developing Effective Life Habits
- Be pro-active in dealing with challenges in life
- Always begin with the end in mind
- Prioritize: putting first things first
- Think win-win: have an abundance mentality
- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Sharpening the saw for self-renewal
- Engage in continuous learning
- Synergize with others; provide support for others
- Be service-oriented
- Radiate positive energy
- Believe in other people
- See life as an adventure
- Lead balanced lives; cultivate the unity of body, mind, and spirit
Golden Rules for Personal Conduct
- Exercise patience with others
- Refrain from saying the unkind or negative thing
- Treat others the way you want to be treated
- Distinguish between the person and the behavior or performance
- Choose the proactive response
- Perform anonymous service
- Keep the promises you make to others
- Focus on the circle of influence
- Live the law of love
Golden Rules for Relationships
- Be the most positive person you know
- Treat others with respect
- Be candid and speak truthfully
- Be on time
- Say please and thank you
- Under-promise and over-deliver
- Leave people better than you found them
- Be friendly and caring
- Be a world-class listener
- Become passionately interested in other people
- Assume the best of others
- To listen more often than to speak
- To give more often than to take
- Smile often
Focus on the Circle of Influence (vs Circle of Concern)
Each of us has a wide range of concerns — our health, relationships, career, and societal problems — our Circle of Concern.
However, if we were to look closely at the specific things within our Circle of Concern, we would realize that there are some things over which we have no real control and others that we can do something about.
The things that we can do something about fall within our Circle of Influence.
Proactive people focus their efforts on the Circle of Influence. As they are about to exert a positive influence, their energy grows, thus enabling their Circle of Influence to expand.
Reactive people, on the other hand, focus on aspects that they have no control over within the Circle of Concern — the weaknesses of other people, the problems in the environment, and circumstances. They tend to blame and accuse others while feeling victimised.
By dwelling on things that they cannot control and neglecting the things that they can do something about, they cause their Circle of Influence to shrink.
So be proactive, and focus your energy on things that you can influence and control.
Live by the Law of Love
When we have unity consciousness — that each of us is but a strand in the Cosmic Web of Life — when we embrace all living things while recognizing that each of us is but a strand in this Cosmic Web of Life called the Universe – inseparable, interconnected, and interdependent – love naturally and inevitably becomes the foundation of all of our thoughts, words, and deeds.